Some of Confusing English
Sorry friends for irregularity.I’m back to Sunday Fun after after a two weeks break.Here goes the Sunday fun of today taking some rest from programming. Today I’m going to talk about English language. It’s become one of the most essential language for me and hope for many people as well. But here are some of CONFUSING ENGLISH terms that makes me headache, would u help me?
1. If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?
2. Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?
3. If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
4. If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren’t people from Holland called Holes?
5. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
6. Why the man who invests all your money called a broker?
7. If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?
8. Why is it called building when it is already built?
9. If a book about failures doesn’t sell, is it a success?
10. If you’re not supposed to drink and drive, then why do bars have parking lots?
11. If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?
12. If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?? Human ??
Popularity: 2% [?]
No related posts