Upgrade your wordpress – easily and quickly

Hello bloggers mates….well it might be little bit late for alerting you but I think you should upgrade your WordPress blog if you’re using the old version of it. There are a lot of security flaw in the previous versions.Furthermore, if you search in google with the keyword “My blog hacked” and you’ll get around 1,060,000 results.

I’ve not upgraded my blog till yesterday and I was using wordpress 2.3.1 version. I knew about the security vulnerabilities but I was afraid of losing data or site with some possible mistake in upgrading. But today, I successfully upgraded to WordPress 2.5.1 and it was so easy , I did it within 1 minute.

Why to upgrade the wordpress ?

1. Technorati has announced not to inedex those blogs which are not upgraded.
  2. There are a lot of security flaw in 2.3.X version of wordpress.

Upgarde the wordpress within a minute

Upgarding note at wordpress is time consuing and difficult from a newbie’s point of view. Few days back, I’ve found a fantastic plugin called wordpress automatic upgrade , It is just a great plugin for for upgrading WordPress. I was able to upgrade the wordpress within a minute. A great thanks to http://techie-buzz.com.

9 Comments on “Upgrade your wordpress – easily and quickly”

• hem wrote on 1 May, 2008, 11:44

i have upgraded using that plugin before.. but again i need to do after your alert.. thanks

• tevan wrote on 1 May, 2008, 13:15

that WPAU plugin is awesome — just used it on my blog. thanks!

• Roshan wrote on 1 May, 2008, 15:48

nice to hear that tevan…It’s better to upgrade wordpress otherwise don’t know when technorati will deindex the blog

• Mukesh wrote on 6 May, 2008, 10:31

If you have fantatisco installer in your cpanel.. then you don’t have to bother about installing plugins for upgrade.. you can easily upgrade from fantastico with just one or two clicks.. it does everything by itself..

well, this time i suffered a lot while upgrading my blog – http://blog.chapagain.com.np

fantatisco was not working in my cpanel and the automatic upgrade plugin also didn’t work in my server.. ;) free hosting sucks sometime..

So, i had to do all the stuffs manually following the link below..

At last, successfully upgraded wordpress to 2.5.1

Thanks for the post Roshan bro !! :)

• Roshan wrote on 6 May, 2008, 12:15

welcome bro….nice to hear that you’ve upgraded your wordpress…
    I don’t have fantastico in my cpanel man….But WPAU worked for me…I think i’m lucky in that case…:-)

• PSP Internet wrote on 7 May, 2008, 18:44

Nice post. thanks for the tips, really appreciate it

• Technology madness wrote on 21 July, 2008, 23:01

How do you add “If you like this post then please subscribe to my full RSS feed . …..” text after every post. Any plugin? Help is appreciated.

• Roshan wrote on 22 July, 2008, 16:55

I’ve just added that text in my theme’s file directly I’ve not used any plugin for that customized the index.php file…

1. The Scribd Embed code in Latest Wordpress version | Tech,Fun,This n That at www.Hem.com.np